If you’re looking to update your lighting and would like to use less energy and save money, an LED recessed lighting retrofit may be your best option.
What are the Advantages?
There are at least eight advantages to using this type of retrofit:
- LEDs can last for 25,000 hours. Even if you have them on 24/7, they’re going to last three years. As a result, you save money on lamps and on the maintenance required to change them. In fact, some LEDs last for 50,000 hours – that’s even better.
- They use less energy – 75% less than other lamps, resulting in huge savings.
- They create very little heat, which lowers your A/C costs and prevents heat damage to items in your space.
- LEDs don’t emit infrared or ultraviolet light that can damage other things – the paint on the walls, inventory and so on. No special protection is needed.
- They’re the best solution to light pollution. With LEDs, it’s very easy to keep the light where it belongs.
- You can control their brightness. Being able to dim a light not only saves energy (and money), it also gives you flexibility. You can use the dimmer control to easily lower the light in a certain area and create a more intimate space: or you can bring the light up to highlight or showcase certain items. They also don’t flicker like other recessed lighting tends to do – all without the need for additional specialized lighting in the system.
- LEDs are available in a wide range of colors.
- An LED recessed lighting retrofit is easier than other retrofits to install. You don’t generally need new wiring or new sockets – the LEDs fit right into to what you have.
Let’s Not Forget the Aesthetics
Simple, subtle, unobtrusive, flexible – LEDs can light your premises without taking up much space, and without becoming a focal point. For both general and accent lighting, they help you create the exact look you’re going for.
True, LEDs cost a little more upfront but, in the end, you could save a bundle. When you look at the price of an individual light, incandescent or fluorescent, the cost of an LED can seem way out of line. But when you consider that that lamp is going to last 5 to 10 times longer than your other options, and will save considerably on energy usage, it’s well worth the investment.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to CBMC Lighting Solutions and a clickable link back to this page.