Does Your Site Lighting Showcase Your Premises?
Site lighting systems have changed dramatically in recent years. In addition to the already stringent rules and codes, the new environmental “dark sky” guidelines make the design and installation of outdoor lighting even more complex and demanding.
CBMC Lighting Solutions has been an industry leader in providing site lighting solutions that meet even the strictest codes. We design hundreds of projects annually including shopping centers, automotive dealerships, commercial buildings, and more.
When you work with CBMC Lighting Solutions, we take care of everything – from design to supplies to installation. We take it all off your plate and deliver exactly what you need on time and hassle free.
What are the Important Elements of Site Lighting for Patrons and Staff?
Whether your building or development is a hospital, car dealership, shopping mall, an industrial site, a university or a golf course, your exterior lighting needs to give a good first impression.
You need to attract good patrons and good staff, and they need to know they are safe and coming to a place they can trust. Well-designed and attractive outdoor lighting is where that trust starts.
- Well-designed outdoor lighting lets people know where you are. They can clearly see the building and the entrances and exits to the site. And the lighting system enables them to easily navigate throughout the site, and into the buildings.
- Your landscaping and architecture should be showcased to make the site even more attractive.
Your Exterior Lighting System Also Needs to Protect Your Business
You’re making a big investment and you need to be protected. Not only do you have to comply with the codes, but also you have to be secure in the knowledge that nothing about your site could leave the door open for fines, lawsuits and higher insurance rates.
- Proper lighting on paths and walkways ensures that those entering or exiting the site will see any obstructions that could cause them to have an accident.
- The light also has to be bright enough to discourage the criminal element. Not only will criminals be reluctant to come onto the property if the lighting is well-designed, the patrons and staff will feel safe knowing that they are not likely to run into anyone dangerous.
Light Pollution Protects the Environment and Saves Money
Adhering to the new ‘dark sky’ guidelines protects your neighbors, the environment and the ecosystem while lowering costs for supplies and energy.
- Light is conserved by putting it right where it needs to be instead of lighting up the neighbors and the sky.
- Newer and better fixtures and lamps such as LEDs provide increased efficiency.
- Lighting controls ensure your site has just the right amount of light at the right time. You may not need your lights on at 2 a.m., but they do need to be able to come on very brightly if there is a possible security breach.
To speak with us about your site lighting project or problems, call us at 317 – 780 – 8350.