Bright Ideas

Your resource for a higher global impact and lower energy usage.

5 Reasons to use Interior LED Lighting For Your Business

Apr 6th, 2018 • dhawebdev

When comparing LED lightbulbs to standard light bulbs, LED bulbs are capable of 50,000 hours of illumination as compared to 2000.

Opting for LED lighting as opposed to traditional offers a simple lifestyle change with countless benefits to both the planet and your wallet. While being green was once viewed as a lifestyle preached by “tree huggers” it is now considered a way of life.

Not only should businesses consider transitioning to LED light bulbs to reduce their carbon footprint, but also to reduce their monthly costs.

The following are five benefits of using interior LED lighting in your business

1. Interior LED Lights Last Longer

Interior LED lighting has proven to outlast traditional light bulbs by greater than 40,000 hours.

While traditional lightbulbs eventually burn out, LED lights instead “fade away”. This allows the bulb to continue illuminating up to 70% of the full capacity.

Imagine the time and money businesses can to save in reducing the frequency of having to change bulbs. This is especially relevant to businesses operating warehouses in which changing the lighting is a long and complex procedure.

2. LED Lights Consume Less Energy

Did you know that traditional lightbulbs waste up to 90% of their energy on generating heat? This leaves only 10% of the energy for the most important function of the bulb — light!

LED bulbs utilize 80% of their energy generating light and only 20% is directed toward the creation of heat. The result?

LED lighting uses much less energy in illuminating your interior and, for the sake of your bank account, this means more affordable electrical bills.

3. LED Lights Reduce Carbon Emissions

LED bulbs reduced 570 million tons of carbon emissions in 2017. This reduction is equal to shutting down 162 coal-fired power plants throughout the world.

What does this mean for the earth’s carbon footprint?

This helped to reduce our global carbon footprint by as much as 1.5%!

For such a small transition, these numbers make it clear that LED lighting serves a massive benefit to the environment.

4. LED Lights Improve Illumination

Proper illumination is vital to the success of a business.

Bright and property positioned lighting can be the difference between a customer purchasing or leaving empty-handed.

Let’s consider an automotive dealership, for example. Proper lighting helps to ensure the cars are being presented in the most appealing way possible.

LED bulbs help to spread light wider allowing for a more distributed illumination.

5. LED Lights Reduce Our Carbon Footprint

While traditional lightbulbs contain hazardous materials, LED light bulbs are free of toxic chemicals.

The longevity of LED lighting also means that longer-lasting lightbulbs help reduce production.

One more gift to the environment? Compared to traditional light bulbs requiring disposal in specialized locations, LED light bulbs are 100% recyclable.

Time to Make the Switch!

Whether you’re opting to make the transition to interior LED lighting for your automotive dealership or decreasing your carbon footprint, the benefits of LED lighting are plenty.

Contact us today to see how LED lights could be the right fit your business, your wallet, and your carbon footprint.

Because let’s face it, LED lighting is always a bright idea.